We’re taking a break from recipes this week – as there’s a heatwave coming and we’re preparing to swelter. But, that doesn’t mean you miss out. Instead, we’ve compiled a handy list of recommended equipment and ingredients that you might want to buy.
So, whether you’re looking for a type of flour, pasta, handwhisk, or food processor, check out the ones we’ve linked to, as they’re tried and true!
Ps: any links you click on, on those pages, may earn LPaG a small commission – you don’t pay anymore, but you get a great product and help us keep the kitchen door open.
So, for our suggestions on kitchen equipment, go here.
and, for our best suggestions for ingredients, go here.
Here’s a freebie recipe, for Toum, a great garlic sauce that goes amazingly on any grilled meat, salad, grilled vegetables, or just as a dip for your chips.
You won’t need a lot of equipment (but if you do, you know where to get it!) and the ingredients are straightforward too! Quick, easy, and tasty, just what you want on a busy weekend!
Thanks again, and happy cooking!
Toum (Garlic Sauce)
- Food processor
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Storage container
- 1 liter extra light olive, canola, or vegetable oil
- 3 heads garlic peeled
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Using a knife, remove the ends, and outer skin, splitting each clove lengthwise.
- Place the garlic and salt in the food processor. Pulse in short amounts. Occasionally scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure all the garlic is pureed.
- Add half the lemon juice, and blend until a paste forms. Add more lemon juice, process until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle in 1 cup of oil, in one continuous thin stream. Then, slowly pour in about a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Repeat this process, alternating with oil and a tablespoon of water (NOT lemon juice). Do this until all the oil and water have been thoroughly blended.
- Store toum in an air-tight jar, in the fridge, for 3-weeks to 1 month.
Thanks for checking out this post on our LPaG recommended equipment and ingredients that you can buy. We hope you find what you’re looking for, and if you do, please come back and post a comment, or share a photo with the tag: #LarderPantryandGarden.