Pavlova - Super Easy Vers.
This is my Mum's super easy pavlova recipe. It's been a family favourite since I was a kid, and has NEVER let her down. There's not many recipes that can boast 4 decades of triumph!
Servings 6 Portions
- 4 Egg whites
- 500 ml White sugar, caster/granulated (2cups)
- 1.25 tbsp Cornflour/cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 4 drops Vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp Water, boiling
- 200 ml Whipping cream
- 25 g White sugar, caster/granulated
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence/extract
- 100 g Chocolate; your favourite chocolate bar, for Aussies this includes peppermint crips, violet crumble, maltesers, etc
- 100 g Fruit; preferably fresh. Whatever you prefer and goes well with your chocolate selection.
Pre-heat the oven to 160˚C/300˚F, grease and flour an oven-plate, or line baking tray with parchment.
Warm a mixing bowl, or stand-mixer bowl, before adding ALL ingredients, then beat until VERY stiff and glossy.
Pile the mixture onto the prepared plate/tray until it is approx. 20cm/8" wide, and place into oven ~ IMMEDIATELY turn it down to 140 degrees˚C/275˚F
Cook for 45mins, then turn the oven off.
Leave the pavlova in the oven until cold ~ with the door open/ajar
To server you pavlova
Whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla together.
Pile in the centre of the top of the pavlova, push out evenly across the surface.
Crush the chocolate, and scatter evenly across the top of the cream.
Slice and serve with the fruit on the side. - You can place the fruit on the top of the pav, but it will encourage the pav to go soggy.