MAC Chutney - Mango Apple Cauliflower
This mango, apple, and cauliflower chutney is fantastic with cured meats (ham etc), with mature cheddar, or with your Indian curry.
Servings 4 250ml Jars
Jars and lids
- 4 large mangoes
- ½ head Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 450 gr Caster sugar
- 2 lrg Apples; Bramley, Granny Smith, or other baking varieties chopped
- 1 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger root grated
- 600 ml White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
Put the mango slices in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave overnight. In the morning, drain off the juice and rinse the fruit.
Put the garlic, sugar, apples, mustard, ginger, vinegar and cayenne pepper in a pan and, over a low heat, dissolve the sugar.
Bring to the boil and add the mangoes. Simmer for 30 minutes until the chutney is thick and syrupy. Spoon into sterilised jars and seal.